Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Release...


The greatest harm that takes place in our justice system, is not because the cops or the prosecutors are crooked or mean or have a hidden agenda.  It is because they are overworked, underpaid, over stressed and under funded...

So, naturally... details are lost... and sometimes, a man's innocence which could have been vindicated with only a small detail, a small bit of evidence, a tiny shred of the immutable truth gets buried and entombed... victim to sloth, to apathy, to languid indifference...

And i sit in my office, burning the candle..., knowing that the truth, like a naked child hiding from the public, is there... somewhere on my desk, in my binders, in my reports, in my research... I have it all in my head, 'cause I've analyzed it in my  head countless times as i've been prepping for the big day...

The adrenaline kick is strong.  It is an amazing sustained rush which keeps me going for hours.  Sleep means nothing. Hunger dissipates... My heart's elevated and rhythmic thumping synchronizes itself with the trance music playing in the background of the office...

And as I prepare my questions, my cross examination, the identification of the documentation;  slowly, the palms of my hands slowly sweat... my breathing has become shallow...my throat is drying up...

 It's mounting, ... the force, the tension, the pressure... waiting for that one question, that one piece of evidence, and that one ruling... I can see it, i can taste it.. i want it .. i want to consume my release, to earn my victory, to make my mark, to achieve my vision, and to vindicate my client...

and yet i know, ... like all fantasies, it can be so beautiful and well planned in the head, and yet when it comes to execution, reality has a nasty way of interfering with life.

Until yet another victory.

CDAK.
4/8/2013
Law Offices of Alaleh Kamran
15760 Ventura Blvd, Suite 1010
 Encino, Ca 91436
 818-986-6222




https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alaleh-Kamran-Criminal-Defense-Fan-Page
https://twitter.com/AlalehKamranLaw
https://www.facebook.com/AlalehkamranCriminalDefense

No comments:

Post a Comment